A MATHS genius believes he has figured out when the next Game of Thrones books will finally be released.
Fans have been desperately waiting for the next instalment in the A Song of Ice and Fire series.
The last book, A Dance With Dragons, was released over ten years ago now.
But Reddit user and maths whizz Zupadan thinks they may have worked it out.
And if they're right, the next book, Winds of Winter, could be available very soon.
According to a special prediction model using polynomials, the next part should be unleashed next year, in 2023.
But before you celebrate, the prediction puts the 7th in the series, A Dream of Spring, much further out.
They reckon it could be as late as 2065.
However, that would make author George RR Martin 117-years-old.
"Here's hoping he's the oldest person alive," Zupadan said.
Most read in News Tech
"It's not as old as I thought he would be when I saw the answer was 2065."
Of course, the Reddit user is well aware it is just a mathematical prediction.
"You can't actually figure out when the books are coming out with maths," he told one Reddit user.
So here's hoping his prediction for book six is correct, while the projected date for book seven can be a mistake.
- Get all the latest Science news
- Keep up-to-date with the top Space & Astronomy stories
- All the latest Archaelogy news from dinosaurs to Ancient artefacts
Find out more about science
Want to know more about the weird and wonderful world of science? From the Moon to the human body, we have you covered...
- When is the next Full Moon?
- What is a Super Moon?
- What is SpaceX?
- Where is the edge of space?
- How many bones are in the human body?
- How many chromosomes do humans have?
- What causes a volcano to erupt?
- Which sharks attack the most humans?
- What are the conspiracy theories about the world ending?
- All the UFO sightings and whether aliens are real
- Which country has the most earthquakes?
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]