Jump directly to the content

HUNDREDS of terrified NBA fans were seen running for their lives after a gunman shot three individuals as the Bucks-Celtics game came to an end on Friday.

At least five shots were heard as Milwaukee police said three people suffered gunshot wounds.

Hundreds of fans were seen running from gunfire near the Deer District after the end of the Milwaukee Bucks gameCredit: WISN
Police later confirmed three people were shot, including a 16-year-old

Two victims, a 30-year-old male and a 16-year-old girl, were transported to the hospital. A third victim, a 26-year-old woman, self-transported to a hospital, WISN12 News reported.

All three victims were said to have non-life-threatening injuries.

Milwaukee police said one suspect, a 29-year-old male, was in custody.

First responders, including mounted police, were in the area as road closures were in effect. At least one ambulance was spotted leaving the scene.



Ominous message sent by Emily Rogers shortly before her brutal death

The shooting reportedly took place near Dr Martin Luther King Jr. Drive and Highland Avenue.

Reports from the scene indicated the shooting happened at around 9.30pm, right after the game ended following the gunfire.

Video footage obtained by WISN showed hundreds of people running through the streets in downtown streets of Milwaukee last night.

Panicked people shouted and scrambled for safety as they exited the DeerDistrict fan area shortly after the game ended.

Most read in News


Hells Angels founder Sonny Barger dies aged 83 following cancer battle

Reports later stated that fans exiting the arena were forced back inside for safety.

Another shooting was reported hours after the first, near Water Street and Juneau Avenue. An unconfirmed number of people have been shot, with police responding to that scene as well.

Deer District is home to a number of restaurants and shops near the Fiserv Forum, where the Bucks play.

A watch party was happening in the district, with fans lining the streets to watch the NBA playoff game.

The Bucks reportedly set a capacity limit of 11,000 fans for the watch party.

Fans reportedly had to pass through metal detectors to get onto the plaza for the watch party. But the shooting occurred just east of the plaza.

The Bucks lost to the Boston Celtics by a score of 108-95.

A spokesperson for the Bucks released a statement following news of the shooting, saying, “The incident took place outside of the Deer District area. We direct all questions to the Milwaukee Police Department.”

Read More On The Sun


AGT hit with 'serious federal violations' after stuntman left paralyzed

The conference semifinals series is tied at three games each. A series-deciding game seven will be played on Sunday afternoon.

The investigation into the shooting is ongoing.

We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The US Sun team?

Email us at [email protected] or call 212 416 4552. Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS